Monday, May 28, 2012

ProPublica's incredible piece 'Finding Oscar: Massacre, Memory and Justice in Guatemala'

UPDATE: link fixed

This is 1) an incredibly moving story; 2) the best example of long-form journalism I've seen in ages; 3) the Guatemala that shaped who I am, how I see the world and my need to tell stories about it; and 4) one of the reasons why memory/remembering/witnessing/breaking silence are recurring motifs in my work.


Kudos to ProPublica and the writers. And I've got new heroes: Special Human Rights prosecutor Sara Romero, activist Aura Elena Farfán and Fredy Peccerelli of the Guatemalan Forensic Anthropology Foundation.

3 comments:

  1. powerful piece. nit: there's a typo in your url (added a space in the beginning and confused blogger, maybe?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you click from? LiveJournal, Google+, FB or Twitter? (so I can go correct the bad url)

      Delete

Comment on this post: